a mediateam website

See a sample issue of The Irish Garden!

Ask Gerry

  1 - 1 of 1 answer(s)

garden help

Dear Gerry, I need to get somebody in to help me in the garden. I am worried about insurance; I have heard horror stories about contractors damaging property or, even worse, injuring themselves, while carrying out work and the property owner being liable. What sort of insurance should a garden maintenance contractor have? Is it acceptable to ask to see proof? And as I may also need a tree surgeon to carry out some specialist work, would the insurance requirements be different again? And finally, how can I find a good company? The ads in the Golden Pages all look the same! Many thanks 010120091, Kilkenny, Co Kilkenny Posted: 01/01/2009


A bonafide contractor will have public liability insurance and will be happy to show it and you can check with the insurance company too. Word of mouth is good.



Garden.ie Members

Not a member yet?
Join now to:

Join Now

Existing Members

Forgotten password

Garden.ie CLUB

Join Ireland's first online garden club! Share pictures of your garden, make new friends and chat with other gardeners. It's simple to join and free! Register Here

Featured Members

Ask Gerry

Gerry DalyTry our unique advice service from editor Gerry Daly. Got a question right now? Search here to see if it has been answered already:

a mediateam website

©2018 Garden.ie. Mediateam Ltd, Media House, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.

Tel (+353 1) 2947777 Email info@garden.ie

Website Design by KCO.ie