a mediateam website

New:
Our 'Talk' section has had a makeover. Now called Garden Chat, this is the place to join in a conversation, start one of your own, ask for advice... or just browse around. You can read the forums here freely without logging in -- to make a contribution, use your member password. (Not a member yet? Join here -- it's free).

Talk Gardening

North facing back garden?? Expand / Collapse
Miss Choc
Co Dublin

Posted 02/04/2014 We are in the process of looking at houses and saw one that has ticked all the boxes for us only thing is it is a north facing back garden. Just would like other peoples opinion who have a north facing back garden the house we are in at the moment is south facing but to be honest next doors tree blocks lot of sun in Summer so don't get tons of sun. I am torn cos I like gardening but don't want to rule out a lovely house cos of it's aspect. It is a longish garden with gravel/stepping stone at the top near french doors and more concrete at the back so was thinking I could make end of the garden the patio area with flowers/shrubs, then put shade/semi shade loving plants up at the top. Front will be find it's a long cemented path so can put lots of sun loving flowers out the front. We have viewed the house twice unfortunately on two dull rainy days and it is hard to predict a sunny day in this country to check the sun aspect. The kitchen is bright with white gloss cabinets and skylight and dining room has french doors so don't think it would be too gloomy. Any tips and plant/garden design advice would be appreciated.
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Members

Garden.ie Members

Not a member yet?
Join now to:

Join Now

Existing Members

Forgotten password

Garden.ie CLUB

Join Ireland's first online garden club! Share pictures of your garden, make new friends and chat with other gardeners. It's simple to join and free! Register Here

Ask Gerry

Gerry DalyTry our unique advice service from editor Gerry Daly when you register as a Garden.ie member. Got a question right now? Search here to see if it has been answered already:

a mediateam website

©2017 Garden.ie. Mediateam Ltd, Media House, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.

Tel (+353 1) 2947777 Email info@garden.ie

Website Design by KCO.ie