Change of Plans
26 January 2011 17:53:07
East Bed 26/01 work in progress
Had in my head to finish off the south bed but plans changed as I started into the east bed. This bed was over run with Lysmachia last year which James spent hours digging out and then we replaced the soil and replanted but as the summer progressed so the Lysmachia reappeared so I think that I'm going to lift out most of the herbaceous plants and possibly even the smaller shrubs and then spray it kill it off. It's a bit of a pain to have to do this but while I like a bit of Lysmachia I don't want to constantly be trying to remove it. If anyone has any different suggestions on it's removal please let me know. I lifted out delphinium that needed to be repositioned and also Nigra Hollyhocks now potted up in the tunnel also lifted the various dahlia that had performed so well last year think they may need to be replaced won't make that mistake again they'll be lifted in the autumn before the frost. So the plan will be to continue to lift out plants and pot them up until the bed is ready for replanting.