08 May 2010 22:31:43
I was getting very annoyed with not having my plant database any more. It disappeared in the last computer crash and our back-up was too old to be of any use. Every now and again I would rediscover the name of a plant I had and would say to myself 'I must remember that' but there was nowhere to note it and, unfortunately, my memory isn't that good.
And then I found my bag of plant labels (where I have kept the labels of any plant I bought). I thought I had thrown that out when I made the database.
So I decided to just bite the bullet and spent most of the day re-inputting all my plant names to an excel database. Although incomplete, it is a start and I can add to it as I go along.
Other than that I didn't do much. I planted a Rheum I bought some time ago and moved saome bulbs and a plant that hasn't been doing well. I made some Helenium divisions for Krista too. Really looking forward to the Rare Plant Fair tomorrow.