14 March 2010 17:01:35
After a wasted half hour looking for a trowel, I finally got out to the garden. We really need to do a 'Fran' on that shed!
I started clearing and weeding the 'annuals bed' in front of the greenhouse. I was very pleased with it last year and this year it is going to contain a completely different planting scheme. It's my border for 'ringing the changes'.
Actually, the weeding wasn't as bad as I feared. The bed does actually have some dahlias in it so luckily I had the presence of mind last autumn to mark where the dahlias were planted with bamboo canes. That way, I didn't pull them up with the dead sunflowers and helychrysum. I am assuming for the time being that the dahlias are still alive.
Well, I didn't get it all finished but I nearly did so that wasn't bad! I think I will put plastic over it when I'm finished until it gets planted up the 3rd week in May.
Gave my new privet hedge another watering while I was busy. The soil is terribly dry!