I wasn’t able to see the screen but it’s OK now. Yesterday I hadn’t much time and spent it all shifting a rock. Not the one I intended. That wouldn’t budge. But I found the one beside it w
as like an iceberg- most of it was buried. But it could move. Managed to get it upstanding and was delighted with result. If you look at the photo the visible part of the rock was where the moss is. Now it’s much straighter and more impressive.
That’s all for Thursday. Today I went for a swim. Was thinking of Elizabeth’s corner. When we removed the concrete box (stuck in the middle of it) I used the old blocks to build up the terraces. But I thought stones would be nicer. River stones. I hauled a lot out onto the bank and collected them after. Three Barrowfuls ! I spent all day at it. It now looks a lot better. I fixed a few of the bigger step rocks and took out a big bundle Ian big root. I put it in the bog and think it will do well there.and Elizabeth’s corner is clearer. I shall start planting tomorrow cistus primulas and dianthus to start. Now for some photos