Belfast Botanic Gardens
Two of the most notable early greenhouses in Europe are to be found in Belfast’s Botanic Gardens. The Palm House (1839-52) is one of the finest examples of cast iron conservatories. This house was erected with the assistance of Richard Turner, a Dublin engineer. Its central dome houses magnificent cycads and palms whilst the wings have tropical plant collections and displays of semi tropical plants.
- Name:Belfast Botanic Gardens
- Address:College Park, Botanic Avenue, Belfast BT7 1LP, Co. Antrim
- Phone:048/028 9031 4762 or 07767 271683 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm only)
- Website: https://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/leisure/parks-openspaces/Park-6614.aspx
- Opening Times:Please see website for opening times throughout the year.