Burtown House and Gardens
A historic house and artists garden with Sculpture walks, a Gallery and Café serving delicious lunches using homegrown organic produce from our kitchen garden.It is one of two houses of this period in all of Kildare that still remains within the family that built it, and the only house in Kildare in private hands that is open to the public.
Burtown is close to the village of Ballytore, one of Ireland’s most prominent Quaker strongholds.
The 12 acres of gardens are
- Name:Burtown House and Gardens
- Address:Athy, Co. Kildare
- Phone:059 8623148 or 086 2631485
- Website: https://www.burtownhouse.ie
- Contact:Mr James Fennell
- Opening Times:February to July 11.00am-5.30pm, Wed-Sun & Bank Holidays. From July onwards the Green Barn will open and accordingly the gardens will be available to visit from 11am-8.30pm, Wed-Sun and Bank Holidays. Snowdrop Month February. Groups by appointment.
- Memberships:IHHA, RHSI, CGT