This country farmhouse 2.5 acre garden has borders which blend old favourites and new introductions in an informal atmosphere. Paths lead you to the front garden, rose pergola, laburnum archway enhanced with roses and clematis, a richly under-planted orchard, Egyptian garden and finally a woodland garden with many rare trees and shrubs. In spring the lawn becomes a crocus carpet, originally planted over 80 years ago, a tribute to the history of this garden cultivated by four generations of the Deacon family over the past 110 years.
- Name:Coolaught Gardens
- Address:Clonroche Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
- Phone:053 9244137/ 087 6446882
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/coolaughtgardens
- Contact:Mr & Mrs Caroline & Harry Deacon
- Opening Times:Gardens are open May-September for general public (Coach tours and refreshments by prior appointment). Garden Centre open all year round.
- Wheelchair Access:Partial