Glenveagh Castle Gardens
Victorian castle and garden set in 16,000 hectare National Park. The 11 hectare woodland garden was designed and planted for Henry McIlhanny by Jim Russell and Lanning Roper has an extensive plant collection. The remarkable ‘jardin potager’ is filled with flowering herbaceous plants, herbs and fruit. Formal Italianate gardens are furnished with fine statues and terracotta pots. At Glenveagh the concepts of Garden and Nature are fused.
- Name:Glenveagh Castle Gardens
- Address:Glenveagh National Park, Church Hill, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Phone:076 1002692 or (Visitors Services 076 1002537 or 2551)
- Website: https://www.glenveaghnationalpark.ie
- Contact:Mr Sean O Gaoithin, Head Gardener
- Opening Times:All year, 10.00-18.00 daily. Admission to garden and park are Free.
- Wheelchair Access:Partial