Garinish Island (Ilnacullin)
Perhaps the most magical setting a garden could have is to be on an island bathed in the warm waters of the Gulf Stream. This small island of 15 hectares is known to horticulturists all over the world as an island garden of rare beauty. Its centerpiece is an outstanding Italian style garden designed by Harold Peto, linked by other formal features such as a double sided herbaceous border and surrounded by a wild garden blending into the wider setting of the exceptional sea and mountain scenery around Glengarriff.
- Name:Garinish Island (Ilnacullin)
- Address:Garinish Island, Glengarriff, Co. Cork
- Phone:027 63040
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Website: http://www.heritageireland.ie
- Opening Times:Daily 1st April to 31st October. Monday to Saturday, 10.00am to 6.30 pm and Sunday 11.00am to 6.30pm. Last admission 5.30pm. Please Check website for opening times. Admission: Adults €4.00, Group/ Seniors, €3.00, Children/Student €2.00, Family €10.00. (A separate charge is imposed by boat operators).
- Memberships:OPW, WCGT
- Wheelchair Access:Partial