Johnstown Castle Garden
Johnstown Castle was built by the Esmonde family who came to Co Wexford in 1169. It was then acquired by the Grogan family who developed the castle, grounds, lakes and estate that we have today. The walled gardens and hothouses, covering 4 acres, were originally laid out between 1844 -1851 and retain their early design today. Pathways throughout the grounds meander through the woodland garden and around the lakes. The sunken garden is now a picnic area located close to the car park.
- Name:Johnstown Castle Garden
- Address:Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford
- Phone:053 9184671
- Website: https://www.teagasc.ie
- Contact:Ms Mairead Esmonde
- Opening Times:Open March 17th to Oct 31st 9 to 5.00pm, 9.00am to 4.00pm winter time.