Rothe House and Garden
Rothe house and garden dates back to 1594. The complex comprises of 3 houses 3 courtyards and a half acre garden. The garden to the rear of the house has been reconstructed to reflect a typical 17th-century garden. The burgage plot on which Rothe House was built survives intact – the only one open to the public in Ireland. The garden includes a large orchard, vegetables, herbs and herbaeous borders.
- Name:Rothe House and Garden
- Address:16 Parliament Street, Kilkenny City, Co. Kilkenny
- Phone:056 7722893
- Website: https://www.rothehouse.com
- Opening Times:Summer 10-4.30pm, Winter 10.30-4pm.
- Memberships:Heritage Island
- Wheelchair Access:Garden accessible