Sunken Garden at Castle Ward
The Sunken Garden is being restored to a high-Victorian arrangement with a kaleidoscope of colours and plants. Working to recreate the garden in Mary Ward’s painting of 1864 and make the place a real showpiece. The project will include removing the pond, and installing 61 parterres (ornamental beds).
- Name:Sunken Garden at Castle Ward
- Address:Strangford Downpatrick, Co. Down
- Phone:(048)/ (028) 44881204
- Website: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/castle-ward
- Contact: Andy Dainty, Head Gardener
- Opening Times:Stableyard and Farmyard open at 10am. House: Last admission one hour before closing. Timed tickets apply to guided house tours. Cornmill demonstrations on Sundays, 2-5pm, 1 April - 30 September, Gates open when grounds open. Closed 25 - 26 December.