louise kearney asked 14 years ago

I live in an estate with a down ward slope into my back garden.my neighbours gardens are paved so any rainwater flows into mine from theirs,leaving mine left waterlogged!Its like marsh ground in the moors,its even full of rushes!I was wondering could you possibly advise me on the most effective way of draining the water or even incorperating it into a pond/water feature of some sort.I have a limited budget but an enthusiastic workforce.

1 Answers

Gerry Daly Staff answered 6 years ago
It is not really possible to use this water for a pond or similar feature because it is not reliable and the pond would simply empty.

The only solution is drainage into a soakaway since you have no outlet into a stream or ditch for drainage water. More on this on: https://gardenie.wpengine.com/gerrycategory/drainage/?id=5414