Copper Beech Hedge

Helen Clohessy asked 11 years ago

I recently (last week in march) planted a copper beach hedge inside a 3 ft high pariimiter wall. 90% of the trees are showing signs of growth i.e. sprouting or new leaves. I’m hoping the other 10% will come good in the next few weeks. If they dont what should I do. Should I also trim the tops to enable growth lower down. I am a novice gardener. The plantts are ~ 3 – 4 ft high…

1 Answers

Gerry Daly Staff answered 3 years ago
It is not unusual for some plants to fail. Plant up the gaps in autumn.

Cut the top will not create new growth lower down, the base might slowly furnish itself in time as branches grow down.

FacebookTwitterWhatsApp