Ann Henry asked 10 years ago

I put mushroom compost on the soil in my Poly Tunnel, and now I have loads of mushrooms growing. I know it sounds silly, but will they be safe to eat?

1 Answers

Gerry Daly Staff answered 3 years ago
This is very common and they are perfectly good to eat, if no chemicals have been used in the greenhouse.

Pick them soon after they emerge as wild mushrooms flies can attack after a few days, although there are not likely to be mushroom flies flying this early in the year.