poisoned rambling rose

QuestionsHow to growRosesFeedingpoisoned rambling rose
paul manning asked 10 years ago
I had a rambling rose that unfortunately got poisoned. (Dont ask ).It was a very overgrown rose. Alot of the stems and part of the bush has turned brown and can be cracked off since the poison. In parts of the bush it has been cut down to a foot off the ground. Do I cut the rest of the rose bush down to this level ? Also, just wondering now if there is any hope of reviving this rose and what should I do ?

1 Answers

Gerry Daly Staff answered 3 years ago
Presumably the poison was a weedkiller. If so, there is nothing to do except to wait and see how the plant recovers. Apply no fertiliser of any kind and cut away nothing that is not obviously dead.

Rose bushes are very resilient and often recover in a year or two.

FacebookTwitterWhatsApp