garden help

tina mcguire asked 15 years ago
Dear Gerry,
I need to get somebody in to help me in the garden. I am worried about insurance; I have heard horror stories about contractors damaging property or, even worse, injuring themselves, while carrying out work and the property owner being liable. What sort of insurance should a garden maintenance contractor have? Is it acceptable to ask to see proof? And as I may also need a tree surgeon to carry out some specialist work, would the insurance requirements be different again? And finally, how can I find a good company? The ads in the Golden Pages all look the same!
Many thanks

1 Answers

Gerry Daly Staff answered 6 years ago
A bonafide contractor will have public liability insurance and will be happy to show it and you can check with the insurance company too. Word of mouth is good.