- When the soil dries enough in the coming weeks, sow early vegetables outdoors, such as garlic, shallots, early peas, broad beans and onions.
- Tidy up old rhubarb crowns and remove weeds. Lift rhubarb for forcing in doors if you like birhg red sticks.
- Early potato varieties can be placed in a bright place indoors, or greenhouse, to sprout which aids earlier cropping.
- Sow seeds of early varieties of cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, lettuce and onions in a tunnel or glasshouse for early crops.
- New fruit trees should be planted as soon as possible.
- Pruning of apple and pear trees and blackcurrant bushes should be completed within a couple of weeks.
More on Fruit, Vegetables and Herbs
Fruit growing | Vegetables | Herbs