45 years ago Ballynacourty was surrounded by open fields, today the gardens extend to approximately 3 ha.
Soil depth is critical as this is a limestone area with stone outcrops close to the surface. The garden is designed as a series of small gardens all interlinked.
One garden has a laburnum waalk underplanted with lavender, another has vegetables (just enough for the house use) another is full of soft fruit and flowers for picking.
- Name:Ballynacourty Garden
- Address:Ballysteen, Askeaton, Co. Limerick
- Phone:061 396409
- Website: https://www.georgestacpooleantiques.com
- Contact: George and Michelina Stacpoole
- Opening Times:Open by appointment only.