A lush landscape containing parkland, mature woodlands, formal gardens, lakes and breath-taking vistas surround the beautifully restored Oakfield House which dates back to 1739. Beautiful walled gardens with deep flower beds, a kitchen garden, flower meadows, ponds, streams, wetlands, a parterre, a castle, a classical lakeside Nymphaeum, garden sculptures, heritage listed trees and a newly established international collection of oaks. The gardens can be explored on foot or by train on the 4.5km narrow gauge railway. Oakfield Park’s new Tea room ‘Buffers’ will be open each day the gardens are open. Group bookings welcome. Children’s slide and swings, picnic benches and W.C. provided for visitors.
- Name:Oakfield Park
- Address:Oakfield Demesne Raphoe, F93 XY1R, Co. Donegal
- Phone:074 9173068
- Website: https://www.oakfieldpark.com
- Contact:Mr David Fisher
- Opening Times:Wed 3rd April to Sun 29th September. Wed to Sun, 12-6pm. Every day in Jun, July and Aug, 11-6pm. Visit our website for event details. Admission: €9 adults, €6 Children, Under 3’s free. Day Family Pass available.
- Wheelchair Access:Partial
- Opening Seasons: Spring Summer Autumn